Studio 5000 View Designer Alarm Message

Captain7

I have a Panelview 5310 using Studio 5000 View Designer to design the screens. I am trying to add an Alarm Banner to the bottom of my screens using the Logix Tag Based Alarms. I noticed there are predefined Alarm Summary and Alarm Manager screens that can display alarms, but I’m not wanting operators to navigate to a different screen to see what is alarmed. I seem to be struggling adding just the active alarm message to a Text Display.

Is there a way to display just the Alarm Message at the bottom of a screen when a Logix Tag Based Alarm is active.

HMI: Panelview 5310 - 2713P-T9WD1 - Firmware 6.001
PLC: 1756-L81ES - Revision 32.012

open up a new display go to the objects menu, Go to Advanced, Go to Alarm go to Alarm Banner. You should be able to work it out from there.
Never mined I was thinking of FT. Sorry

Last edited:
I have talked to Rockwell Development Engineer and there is nothing at this point. I talked to them about adding a scrolling alarm banner object. We are trying to figure out the same thing but the only thing we have come up with so far is typing in the alarm text again in 2nd PLC string array and sending them to PV.