O.T., You can hurt yourself

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
You can hurt yourself and others, so watch the intake.

I got this off of the Food channel last week...damn it's good

3-4 chicken breast
Triple shot tequila (gold) or you can use 4
1 ½ quart heavy cream
1/4 bushel cilantro <---------------------edit-----small bushel
½ red onion
4 cloves garlic
Salt & pepper
3 jalapeno peppers diced (remove seeds)
¾ tbls hot shot pepper (combination of black and red pepper)
Pinch salt
Tbls Italian season
Olive oil
Tbls flower (heaping)
Pasta (your choice) I used linguini #9
Clean and cut chicken into strips, brown in large skillet, add hot shot, salt and Italian season then set a side in bowl.

In skillet, sauté onion, jalapeno and tbl of oil, after it browns add garlic (don’t over cook the garlic), add chicken back into pan add tequila, bring to boil then simmer (caution tequila is flammable).

Cook pasta (not all the way 80%)

After it reduces some add 1 ½ quart of heavy cream, mix flower with ¼ cup of hot water from pasta (mix it good) and add bring it to a boil, add pasta, then simmer.

After it starts to simmer add cilantro, let simmer until pasta is done.

Then enjoy, if you eat to much you will get sick...trust me

:)

Anyone have a recipe for clam chowder?

Last edited:
This is more the way I like to prepare it.

1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Notice one of the ingredients is Tequila. Take a shot.
3. Try and find some mixing bowls and such, get frustrated. Take another shot of tequila.
4. Start cooking, come close to setting the kitchen on fire. Take shot of tequila to settle the nerves.
5. Notice there isn't enough tequila left to properly follow the recipe directions. Decide to go to Mexican resteraunt where they serve tequila shots.

Last edited:
Ken Moore said:
Sounds good, but that's a LOT of cilantro
see edit

1/4 and it was a small bushel, I used just the leaves

jtn said:
Notice one of the ingredients is Tequila

The rest of the bottle is optional, maybe thats why it was so good

Kitchen story,

Ok so I have a loft apartment at work. (tend to work long hours). One evening I'm staying late to finish a couple of reports and such. So I missed lunch and am starving. I go back to the loft kitchen and put on a pot of water to cook some pasta and return to my office for a few while it gets to a boil. 10 minutes later the fire alarm goes off. I take a look and then go running for the loft, open the door and the smoke is so thick I cant see across the room.

This smoke is really sicrid smelling, not wood or trash or plastic or electrical, but like burning hair and flesh..I take a deep breath and go running to the stove, gape and turn off the burner, then dodge back out of another lungfull. Back in and I open all the windows then back out. About 15 minutes later, back in to see what happend. The pot is full of warm, (not hot) water..I lift the pot and there's a totally chared something laying just behind the burner, about 3" long and 1-1/2 wide. I look at the spices on the back of the stove and they seem to all be there.."????" what is this. I grab the spatulia and start scraping....Yeikes its a mouse... Two days of wiping and cleaning EVERY THING (ceiling walls inside cabnets etc..). It took about two weeks to get rid of the odor..It's totally amazing how much smoke and greasey soot a little mouse can make.

Mike,

I was hoping that I could get a recipe for some (good) clam chowder out of this thread....it looks like it is going to be hijacked and turned into a road-kill thread...I hate when that happens
🍺

This smoke is really sicrid smelling ...
All right, Mike, I'll ask. What did it smell like? Sicrid is a new one on me and all the dikshunaris I've tried. Acrid, yes. Sicrid, no. The nearest I've found is sciurid - which is defined as 'Of, belonging to, or resembling the Sciuridae, a family of rodents that includes the squirrels and related mammals.'
If this is what you meant you've certainly got my award for the most obscure word used in the forum this decade. Well done!

Regards

Ken

Recipe for disaster:

geniusintraining said:
Mike,

....it looks like it is going to be hijacked and turned into a road-kill thread...I hate when that happens

OK, if you insist...

We used to keep a Californian King snake. Fed it ikkle mice (including thawed, frozen ones). One evening: "Oops, forgot to thaw the mice." Snake restless. Pop next door, "Can I use your microwave a minute for these?" Yes, but be quick, cos husband's due in anytime now. Oven: full power (wimmin, huh?). One minute later, hubby comes in through door just as the contents of the oven goes off like a pan full of popcorn, but with added visual efx. Reaction: Not favourable...