Panelview plus 6 - micro850 ethernet/ip

JEANST

Hello
I have to implement an Ethernet/IP communication between a micro850 PLC (2080-LC50-24QBB which is supposed to have Ethernet/IP capabilities). and a PanelView plus 6 (2711P-T15C4D8)
The problem i have, I can not create the communication topic in RsLinx Enterprise (from Factory Talk ME).

I have the message "Select a different path - Ethernet 2.Micro 850 can not be use"
I tried both Shortcut type Processor or Symbolic.
Is it possible to configure this communication or is there another way to do ?

Is somebody can help ?

Thanks
(I did the test with the Factory Talk SE software and the communication is working)

Please read these TechNotes:

607499 RSLinx Enterprise shortcut to Micro800 controller (Access Level: Everyone)

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/607499

520218 PanelView Plus 6 or PanelView Plus 7 communicating with a Micro850 / 820 over Ethernet (Access Level: Everyone)

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/520218

592812 Patch: Should support Micro800, RSLinx Enterprise 5.60.00 (CPR9 SR6) (Access Level: Everyone)

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/592812

Hello Thanks for your reply
and very interesting informations !

I finally arrive to do something with this but it's not complete..

1. CCW: I had problem with the Ethernet connexion, during the download of the program, the Ethernet connexion crashed and was lost..After this i could not perform any download to the Micro850. I did an upgrade of the firmware from v8 to v9 and it seems to have fix the issue....

2.Rslinx Enterprise <--> Micro 850 Shortcut
I have install the patch to support Micro8000 in RsLinx Enterprise SR6
and the rollup patch as it is advised in the tech note.
then i could create the Shortcut to my plc with Symbolic instead of Processor

After this i have tested the connexion with 2 test variables (INT and REAL)
that i have create and import in the Factory Talk live data test client.
Connexion was operationnal !!! :) great

3. Last Step i tried to create 2 numeric displays in my Factory Talk ME application.
i was able to browse the online variables of the micro850.
ok to create and load the .mer file

the problem is, when the runtime starts i have the following message "there is an unsupported communication protocol" and then the communication don't work.

I Wonder if i have to upgrade the firmware of the PanelView 6 1500
i have a 8.00.10.12 version and the last is 8.10

or if a patch is necessary for install the micro800 communication protocol

the tech note is not clear about that....

...so i tried to upgrade the firmware to 8.10 with.. the Firmware upgrade wizard
via "upgrade firmware on terminal"..but it is blocking at the step "choice of the KEPServers" no list of drivers appears and if i click "next" it says "unauthorized command" or something like this.

sooo! i tried "create firmware upgrade card" and then same thing, no list of KEPServers and i can't complete the operation.....

i somebody can help....i'm a little bit fed up!

additional informations
i work with Factory talk view ME 7
PanelView 6 1500 touch 2711P T15 C4 D8 V8.00
RsLinx Enterprise 5.71
CCW v8.00
Micro 850 firmware v9.011

i was able to browse the online variables of the micro850.
ok to create and load the .mer file

the problem is, when the runtime starts i have the following message "there is an unsupported communication protocol" and then the communication don't work.
I don't have CCW so I can only suppose that it's works like FTView. Do you have a window for configuring communications? Do you have a configuration for design and other for runtime? When you works in several projects on FTView, sometimes you have to create manually the drivers on the runtime tab to avoid copying older drivers not supported by the HMI. Maybe it's happening something similar.

I don't clearly this in the technote 520218
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/520218

[for FactoryTalk View ME and PanelView Plus, the patches are in the normal patch release. FactoryTalk View ME 8.0 and RSLinx Enterprise 5.70 contain this support.]

normal patch release ???
and then i don't have FactoryTalk ME 8.0 so ??
Normal patch is a file published by Rockwell from time to time (like Microsoft weekly updates). Go to:

http://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductDownload.aspx?keyword=Patch

hello

Finally it's working maybe i have do something wrong with the rslinx enterprise
Not simple...all the stuff is AB but it's a little bit difficult to find informations
thanks for all your help :)

What will be the tag format

as like control or compact logic we are writing in []tagname, how to write in Micro850?