S7-1200 HMI Start Up

junior

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm using a KTP1000PN touch screen with a S7-1200 plc. One of the thinks I need to do is when the touch screen powers up, when the start screen pops up, I need to start a timer in the PLC.

I'm doing this by using the Loaded event on start screen to run the function setbit and set a tag to 1. The problem I'm having is that when the touch screen powers up, the start screen is displayed and the setbit function runs, but the PLC tag doesn't get set to 1. I think it's because the communication between the touch screen doesn't get established till after the start screen is displayed.

Is there another way this could be achieved?

You may be able to use the ´coordination´ area pointer. I think the first bit in the byte comes on when the HMI has started up?