Integer change detection

tidwellc87

Newb here learning on Unity Pro XL.

I'm working on a Modicon M580 program (in function block) and I'm trying to ensure that an integer variable is unique (for equipment priority when in auto mode). I have a set of four integers '0-3'. They can be set by operator request at the HMI, and also by some other logic that automatically increases the variable when the associated equipment goes from a running status to off so that the priority is continually rotated.

I'm trying to come up with some logic to ensure that each of these four variables are always unique. I don't ever want any of them to be equal. Any ideas on how this might be accomplished?

It should be noted that, strictly speaking, you could have a combination of 3-3-0-0, 3-1-1-1, 2-2-2-0, or 2-2-1-1; however, if the process doesn't really allow for this, then adding them will work.

Otherwise, you're looking at a set of Not-Equals blocks. I don't do Modicon, but an FBD may look something like this:

2018-05-07_15-35-48.jpg

I dealt with priority logic before and I think you are approaching this from the wrong side of the problem.

Instead of doing check to see if the priority is unique, set them properly so there would be no need to check. The logic used need to have a way to take exclusive control of the priority setting so only the "some other logic" or the operator can set them.