Importing PIDs into RSLogix5000

DairyBoy

I'm constantly amazed by the number of "things" that can be copy/pasted or just drag/dropped from one application to another but I think I may have encountered a limit.

I have imported/exported and drag/dropped the contents of a 1769-L33ER (v29) application into a L32E (v20) application with 99% success but PID instructions lose their config and scaling settings.

Does anyone know if there is one last trick up the 5000 sleeve to achieve "faithful" reproduction of these instructions?

Thanks.

Have you tried dragging the PID tag? It might be a case where differences in versions have caused changes to the "size or shape" of the PID tag making copy/paste not work.

You could try right-clicking on the routine that contains the PID block in your original program and select "Export Routine"

Then in your v.20 file, right click on the Program you want that routine to live in, right click and select "Import Routine".

I just tested it out on v.28 L83 >> v.19 L74. The only issue was that one of the tags was "Public". Edited the XML file to change "Public" to "Local" and it imported WITH all the tag values.

Thanks, OkiePC. Same result unfortunately.

Aardwizz, Still no-go. I looked at the xml. The word "local" appears in one place the second row (no mention of "public" tho).

I'll just copy/paste the rungs based on the first instance and adjust the few addresses that need changing. There are more characters in this reply than I'd be typing in the program :)