MicroLogix 1000 PLC trainer built by me (Help Me )

Patrick420

Hi all
Looking for some help please so I was connected to my MicroLogix 1000 threw rslinks had no issue. I download a program now this program was blank had nothing on it. Didn’t mean to down load it but now it won’t connect it keeps getting stuck on BCC AND CRC I have a brand new RS232 cable and everything was fine until I downloaded this darn program. I’ve been using it for the last week with no connect issues. PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS I WORKED SO HARD ON BUILDING THIS GOING TO BE CRUSHED IF I CANT GET IT. Everything looks good on my comm port also.

Can you post the program you downloaded, the .RSS file ( zip it first, then post it here)

That a look at how the comm port is setup in the downloaded program, compare it to the setup you originally had to get connected the first time.

You could try setting up RSLinx manually to match the downloaded program's setup.

Last edited:
I’m not to sure how to post the program I downloaded on here is there another way I could get it to you. I looked at the program that I had before this 1 and it was working fine and the things I’ve noticed so far is the processor status on the working program was remote run and the other bad 1 is remote program mode. Also noticed in controller properties on the good program was MicroLogix 1000 DH-485/HDslave the bad program just MicroLogix 1000. I know it’s this program that did something to my PLC but I can’t get back online to change it now.

Can I get online without autoconfigure?

Yes (most likely), but you need to know the comms settings to use to set up the RSLinx driver properly.

Can you zip and attach the program you downloaded? To zip it, create a new compressed folder and then copy your rss file into it.

To attach it, at the bottom of your post, click the button labeled "Go Advanced". Then find the "Attach FIles" button at the bottom of the advanced thread editor. That button will open up a new window where you can choose your zipped file (compressed folder) and upload it.

One of us can inspect it and help guide you. Or just open the file and look at the Channel Settings. A Micrologix 1000 has one channel with few options, so you may be able to work it out on your own.

Last edited:
C:\Users\samco\Documents\xic xio ote
C:\Users\samco\Documents\xic xio ote

so your saying dont autoconfigure it?

Yes. Autoconfigure doesn't work with all brands of USB to serial converters. If it has already failed to work for you, just set it manually, and then hit okay. It may take a few seconds, but if the driver is able to "see" the PLC, it will appear in the RSWho window under the DF1 driver.

Here is a video that takes you through it from start to finish, but in the video, Mark uses Autoconfigure, because the converters he sells almost always work with Autoconfigure. But in that video, he shows how to confirm your Windows COM port number which is important, and can change because Bill Gates' minions are smarter than us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIu1AGUR4N8

Yea I have double checked my com port everything is good and I’m selecting the correct port. I don’t get it I’ve been using this PLC for a week no issues going online but a soon as I downloaded this program on accident everything went bad. This sucks man I’ve put so much time on this for nothing now. All I’ve been wanting to do and trying to do is learn PLC seems like I’m set up for failure.

You can send it to me and I will check it out... if you downloaded DH485 you will need a UIC to get the COM's back or your USB adapter may have failed but there are several things that may have caused this

Send me a PM if you want to ship it to me