WinCC Scada Package Tags?

Coops

Hiya Guys,

Just a quicky regarding WinCC V6.2. If i have a 128 Power Tag system is there any way in which I can read more tags.

Because when I add a boolean tag say I1.0 this is classed as 1 tag and I only have 128 tags so I'll be using all my tags up very quickly. Is there any way in which I can address them as words and use them as booleans on the screen i.e. Powertag address Iw0 and then address it as I0.0?

Cheers onc confused welsh man.

You can do this by multiplexing variables in the PLC and then mapping the desired variable to a common display tag. It works best if you have multiple identical objects, but you can also use it for completely unrelated objects. The easiest way to do this is to make multiple screens and map the variables according to the current screen number.

Cheers RMA but I was just wondering if there was anyway using the internal tags and scripting that I could bring in a word or a double and convert it down to internal bits.

Cheers

First, copy related bits in PLC memory into continous memory location to create DWORDs. Then create unsigned 32-bit tags in WinCC. You can use bits from this tags as described in WinCC help: Help->Working with WinCC->Dynamizing Using Dynamic Dialog->Creating Expression.

Good Luck.

help me please!

Hi Guys,
who knows to tell me about scada with wincc?i want to programming but i have no idea at the moment!Any book to help me or anything else?
icon11.gif

Dear Pyrgos,
If you have previous programming expirience with other SCADA packages or Microsoft or Borland visual builder suites, just follow the WinCC help. Otherwise you will need training from authorised or expirienced personel. Anyway, you will need a few months.