STEP 7 V5.5 SP4 HF11 with TIA, VERY SLOW

Kasperv79

Hi guys.

Since I installed TIA portal on my windows 7 64 bit virtual machine, the Classig step 7 V5.5 SP4 HF11 got VERY slow, ctrl-D for online status takes 10 sec..

gooing online on Graph, is almost not possible.. at least it takes 30 sec.. en freezes every time I trying to scroll.

I have two virtual machines, one with TIA V13 and another with TIA V14, same problem...

I only tryid with ethernet connection and not with a MPI/DP adapter.

theres no services taking memory or CPU, så I dont think its a ressource problem.

any ideas?

I should have added, If you are AVG added a 'Feature' to scan virtual machines. Go to Menu==>Settings==>Troubleshooting and disable @Enable hardware-assisted virtualization.

I brought my VM's to a virtual (forgive the pun) standstill.

Br
steve

VM settings? how much ram and cpu cores do you have set?
host config?

Usually I make TIA Portal VMs with 2 cpu cores and at least 4GB of ram. More than 4GB of ram when I need to open multi istances of TIA/S7.

If the resources are not a problem, try to poweroff the VM, defrag and compact.
Sometimes it happens that the VM become very slow.

Thanks for your supply's.

4GB ram 4 cores (host is 8 gb with i7)

the problem is also after i uninstalled TIA V13. So I think its a bug somewhere..
Also when i try to copy some project to a USB it transfer with about 2-300 kb/sec.... :/

FOLLOW UP:

I tryid with a MPI/DP adapter and everything worked fast again..
Then i Saved with "regeneration" checked and that solved the problem. Now online with ethernet connection as is fast again :)