Studio 5000 - View Designer

cdwilliams496

All,

I have been working in FactoryTalk Studio for years. This is my first time working in View Designer. As I work through designing screens, what I haven't been able to find information on is how to set up "parameter files and parameter lists". As I see it is call "alisies" in view designer.

Do anyone know of any YouTube videos on how to set up alisies in View Designer?

Do anyone know where I could download some sample programs that would have this information?

I want to just set up 1 HMI page and have multiple push buttons call that page and show different data. In FactoryTalk I would just have set up parameter files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Davis

You do this using Property Definition tab below your Graphic window.
You can define Parameters there and them use these in screens instead of actual tags.
When you call this screen you can link parameter to the actual tag.
The best way to use it is co combine all your tags in a UTD, so you have to link it only once.

Download Network Device Library 1.02 from the PCDC.
Both Stratix and DLR Faceplates using Parameters this for displays and Add-On Graphics.