FTView Graphics suggestions

mister x

What are peeps using for outside graphics editors for FTView? I threw together a gauge with Inkscape that looked pretty good. But to get it into FTV and keep the separate elements for animation, I used the import .wmf feature of symbol factory - it did not go well.

I could bring in the gauge background with a .png/.bmp import and then animate a needle over the top, but that's pretty crude. Any success stories out there?

good gauge nov 10.png Rockwell render.PNG

I use Adobe Illustrator CS6 and save all of my graphics in a .PNG file format. You want to make sure that you save the .PNG as the exact size you want it to be pixel wise in your FTVS project because that produces the best image. If you export it from AI in say 100x100 pixels and then resize it to 200x200 it will look like ****, and conversely if you downsize it to 50x50 is also looks like ****.

I can see the attraction of Ignition in this regard if it actually takes .svg files without mangling them. I'll have to try it later. The Symbol Factory Rockwell still uses in FTView is an old revision. Version 3.0 doesn't even process .wmf anymore...