FX3G to Zebra GX420T via RS-232

Grant_KSMAuto

Hi

I am currently trying to print to a Zebra GX420T printer from an FX3G via RS-232 (FX3G-232-BD)
I have had no luck in getting a response from the printer at all.
Has anyone had success communicating with a Zebra printer. I have even copied the example program from the FX Comms manual without success.

Tia
Grant

I have done it a lot using a Do-more PLC. Here is a sample print string for you to try. If you can send it to the printers serial port, then it will print.
Code:
^XA
^LL700
^FO50,100
^ADN,20,10
^FDThis text should print^FS
^XZ
^XA //The beginning of a printer command.
^LL700 //The length of the label in dots (a GX420T should be 203 Dots-Per-Inch).
^FO50,100 //The starting position for the text (50 dots from the top and 100 dots from the left if I remember correctly).
^ADN,20,10 //The font style along with the font size.
^FDThis text should print^FS //The text field. (^FD=Start, ^FS=End).
^XZ //The end of a printer command.
You may need a CRLF st the end. I do not remember for sure.

You can watch the printer when you send it a command. It will blink the status light whenever it gets a bad command. If you get a blink but no print then there is something wrong in you command, if you get no print and no blink, then the printer did not receive anything.