FX3G Analog registers add in card 4ADP

bigmuz

I have added 4 in and 4 out analogs by two cards, a 4DAP and a 4ADP.

FX3U-4AD-ADP
FX3U-4DA-ADP

The manual shows that the registers are near the internal analog input's registers to enable 4,20 , set the hysteresis and then retrieve the values. None of it lines up at all and I can't get anything to happen. The web page interface shows that I have an irrelevant fault in a register that should be for the 4th module?

I have tried turning on every bit in the table but can't get a reading. I have tested the sensor in analog 1 onboard and it works perfectly, I now have it in the 1st port of te addon card.

Any guidance please because I am tearing my hair out lol.

Thanks in advance.

Muz

read register.png input enable 4 20.png Screenshot 2023-06-18 123857.png

You do know that Mitsubishi has function blocks that you can drag and drop to control these Analog modules?

Go their automation website and download “AnalogFX_V320”. This has function blocks and help files for most of their modules including the two you mention.

What IDE are you using ? GXDeveloper does not support it you need GXWorks2 or the older GXIEC, also, I do not think the 3G series can use this function block
I have just installed the FB's & the 3G is not shown, however, this is not to say one of these wil not work. to install the library you need to unzip the zip file, select User library, add ( little drop down button at top of the tree) then go to the unzipped lib, install.

Libs.jpg

Thanks mate. I have the module installed. The routines/ function blocks appear in the main section, I can't see how to add them into the fb section, or how to add my input and output words and bits? GX3 won't allow me to drag the analog function block into the program window where I would normally add these words and bits?

Thanks in advance!

analog snip gx3.png

You first need to compile it before downloading.
You do not add it to the FB tree on the left hand side when installed it adds them in the FB tree on the right, also you do not need to create an FB & call it in that, create a program block (should already be one called POU_01 you can drop the FB in here as this is already in the task, you can re-name it also you cannot call an FB in the task, you need to drop it into a program block then open task setting & enable the call to the program block.

FB.jpg

Here is how you do it
Also, I don't think selecting those blocks will work, looking at the requirements for the FX3G it uses different registers thsan the FX3U or FX2N, so probably will not work.
I cannot try it as I do not have either an FX3G or the analogue cards, I only have an FX3U, I also suspect that the way you are trying to call the FB within an FB will not work as you cannot put your FB in the task
Either drop the FB in a program block then call it in the task setting (default one will already be called). or write your own code as per the manual for accessing the data & settings in a program block or an FB if in an FB you can then call that in a program block.

Program call.jpg

Last edited:
I have just done a simple project with a call to the analog FB, not used symbols & compiled it, however, cannot post it for you to look at as it is too big but if you send me a private message with your email address I can send it to you.
Also note that when you install the fb's it warns you that the global1 labels aready exists so you end up with two & it will not compile so change the default or the library global labels to something else.
This was only a test & the library is an earlier version.

Oh man you are a generous person, thank you!

I have tried every combination of the words and bits in the analog manual but nothing works unfortunately. M8260, 70 80 90, all the D words do nothing. That is why I am trying htis.

I will pm you, many thanks!

This may be very simplistic but in your title you state you are using a FX3G processor, but in your subsequent posts you are refering to registers for use with FX3U.

Registers for FX3U start at M8260 whereas Registers for FX3G start at M8280