PLC for SERVO

Dear friends

can i use any type of plc for servo operation??

I think here we have two type's
1. Transistor type
2. Relay type

can i operate servo useing both plc or not.

Help me please

Short answer is, yes, any device capable of sending a digital signal to a servo amplifier can be used for servo control. What you have listed are in fact 2 types of outputs used in PLCs'. There are far more than just those two available.

The long answer would require a LOT more information, such as the make and model of the servo, what amplifier you intend to use, What brand and model PLC, the kind of motion you are trying to control, the precision required, ect...

Bubba.

Short answer is, yes, any device capable of sending a digital signal to a servo amplifier can be used for servo control. What you have listed are in fact 2 types of outputs used in PLCs'. There are far more than just those two available.

The long answer would require a LOT more information, such as the make and model of the servo, what amplifier you intend to use, What brand and model PLC, the kind of motion you are trying to control, the precision required, ect...

Bubba.
I am using delta PLC and Servo set.
and required a precise and accurate motion with that.

so now tell me by any type of PLC i can done my work or not??

Dear Chandan,
I suspect that with a delta PLC and a delta servo drive they should work together
to do what is required.

But I also suspect there are more than one type of delta PLC and more than one type of
delta servo drive.

I would start with the application, detail what it is you are trying to do and state what
type of servo drive you have available. Question to be answered - "Is this servo drive
appropriate for the task at hand?". (Right level of control, right power, etc. etc.)

Then ask "Is this a good PLC for controlling this drive?". Posting the part numbers of
the servo and the PLC will also help the experts in this forum to assist in answering the
questions.

Good Luck with this project.
Poet.

Dear PoeT,

PLC- DELTA DVP48EH00R3 OR DVP48EH00T3

SERVO DRIVE- ASD-B2

PROJECT- PRINTING MACHINE (TEXTILE INDUSTRIES)

Suggest me which PLC is good for textile industries printing machine. Where we require a fix motion for every time.

Delta is well know for motion control, so yes, that setup will allow you to do servo motion control.

The trouble we are having with you question is that you are not providing enough details to give you a good answer.

For example, if I were to ask what kind of vehicle do I need to drive across the country, the answer could range from a small motorcycle, to a very large truck. It would all depend on what else I wanted to do besides get from point A to point B.

The speed you want to move, the precision required, the number of cycles per minute, the weight of the object being moved, all play a huge part in designing a servo system. The more detail you give, the more detailed your answer will be.

Bubba.

Last edited: