ControlLogix Run Without Remote I/O

Zombo

I have a Control Logix PLC and Safety PLC , 5581ES and 55L8SP respectively, pulled out of a cabninet connected to a Panelview Plus connected over ethernet. I Flashed the PLCs , setup ethernet comms and downloaded the program.
In all the remote I/O stations I unchecked the "Major Fault on Controller if Connection Fails in Run Mode" box. When I do put the PLC in run mode it is successfully then after approximately 1-2 minutes a Major fault appears. The fault always happens to the same remote I/O station and its a comms fault 0204. I was under the assumption that if I didn't check the box mentioned above I wouldn't get any comms faults.......

Similar Topics

Hi, I am curious to know what will happen to a Running 1756 ControlLogix L73 controller if the keyswitch is changed from Remote Run to Program...
Replies
Views
Hi you all. I have a doubt, hope someone can help. When redundant controllogix reversion 19.52 system on REM RUN mode: 1. can i insert new IO...
Replies
Views
Hello I am working in a project where I use a processor 1756-L63, two ethernet cards 1756-ENBT/A to have a redundancy network with the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help with this one I never ran into this before. I have a controlLogix 1756-L63 Processor and when I turn the key to program mode the...
Replies
Views
Why does the controllogix redundancy modules use a single mode fiber vs multimode fiber?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom