AB PanelView 700 Login issue

IETmc

HMI issue
I'm working on a system that has a pre-existing issue that I can't solve.

As follows - when pressing the LOGIN button the keyboard pops up correctly
upon pressing the ENTER button only (no keystrokes/no RFID) it will allow for ADMINSTATOR rights.

I have checked a similar system the difference is that it will allow for OPERATOR rights. (this is ok)

Problem is that I have not found the source of the issue. I can not find how the keyboard is allowing this. Logic is exactly the same. HMI tags are the same.

Any Ideas?

Is the Runtime Security file the same?
You'll find it in the explorer pane under the system folder.

Failed to mention

What I failed to mention is that it is does not seem to be a normal set up for Login - so no runtime security set up - it looks at a string
so the keyboard pops up and then enter and I'm not sure where it is getting the info -

We have our own user "security" rather than use the FactoryTalk security and initially made this mistake.

We search an array of strings, looking for the entered password. When you create an array of strings, they are initially empty (""), when a user enters nothing, it would find that in one of the empty locations, so we have to ignore the empty locations. (can't be equal to "" or length has to be greater than 0).

"We search an array of strings, looking for the entered password. When you create an array of strings, they are initially empty (""), when a user enters nothing, it would find that in one of the empty locations, so we have to ignore the empty locations. (can't be equal to "" or length has to be greater than 0)."

So far it does look for the password in the string - it has both ("") and a 0.

You mentioned "ignore the empty locations" - not had to to this before - any tips? - right not at LOGOUT it writes a 0 back the the location

If the length of the entry from the user is 0, simply don't perform the search. Let them know they entered nothing.

If the length of the entry from the user is 0, simply don't perform the search. Let them know they entered nothing.

Think that is what is happening - when you press LOGIN and the keyboard "pops" up - nothing is entered - either by using the keyboard or by using the RFID scanner - all that is done is the Pressing of ENTER key - and then it logs in as the Admin.

On another system designed by the same company - it logs in as Operator

I'm a little green on AB so struggling to reverse engineer this

Look at the properties of the button that pops up the keyboard, check the connection tab, "Value" maps what they typed to a tag in the PLC, "Enter" is the tag for the keyboard enter being pressed. Start with the enter button tag and find that in the PLC and see what it is doing. A simple thing to do is add a NEQ in series with the button, making sure that the entered string length is NEQ 0 ("EntryValueTag.LEN")

Look at the properties of the button that pops up the keyboard, check the connection tab, "Value" maps what they typed to a tag in the PLC, "Enter" is the tag for the keyboard enter being pressed. Start with the enter button tag and find that in the PLC and see what it is doing. A simple thing to do is add a NEQ in series with the button, making sure that the entered string length is NEQ 0 ("EntryValueTag.LEN")

This I will look into - let ya know how it works out - THANKS!