Siemens LOGO

Sham

Hi All,

Has anyone of you used Siemens LOGO for home Automation, or any sort of industrial automation? If yes, how is it? How is the mobile app? I am potentially thinking about using LOGO for home automation my company is now considering to offer. any other advice will be extremely appreciated too.

Thanks

Iv had the privilege of using the LOGO! a few times. Its probably one of the coolest little controllers available. Id still grab a Micro800 any day over it just because its what I know best, but the LOGO has a cool feel to its environment. It seems simple to pick up understand and the price is right.
If you get the LOGO! Do get the software. Trying to use the LCD keypad to program it takes all the fun away.

I should mention, Iv used it in Industrial environments only, after many years of abuse they are still going strong!

I once used a TECO unit on my detached garage. I chose TECO because of price and free software. I suspect the LOGO is similar.

I used mine to time lights, outlets etc... heat on when below freezing etc.. nothing fancy. I would not recommend any programmable relay for home automation though. Not "smart" enough for phone apps and such.

Ken Moore;832508I said:
suspect the LOGO is similar.

I agree, there are a lot of small ones on the market AB has the PICO but I also agree with Pie_Guy, I would get the Micro820 or a Siemens 1200, everytime I installed a small smart relay I wish I went with a real PLC and they are not much more in price but you get a lot more out of it.

The LOGO is a pretty good setup.

And, if you want to program the IDEC micro-PLC they are the same units with a different branding. The LOGO software opens them, sees them as Siemens units and programs them. The LOGO software will also open an IDEC file, but the IDEC software will see a Siemens file as corrupt.

For tiny project I have used the Crouzet micro-PLC's with positive results.

We use the LOGO alot , the best thing is that it has integrated display where you can change values. It has its limits ofcoarse.

We have used hundreds over the years.

I have one in my home central controlling lightning

I have used loads of them, I think they are a brilliant little device. I tried the mobile app before, thought it sucks, but must try again in case it has improved.

Iv had the privilege of using the LOGO! a few times. Its probably one of the coolest little controllers available. Id still grab a Micro800 any day over it just because its what I know best, but the LOGO has a cool feel to its environment. It seems simple to pick up understand and the price is right.
If you get the LOGO! Do get the software. Trying to use the LCD keypad to program it takes all the fun away.

I should mention, Iv used it in Industrial environments only, after many years of abuse they are still going strong!

I agree, but the only thing stopping me is the mobile app, and getting live view from cctv cameras.. Which platform other than LOGO might do this? An all in one home automation solution?

I have used loads of them, I think they are a brilliant little device. I tried the mobile app before, thought it sucks, but must try again in case it has improved.

Their app and cctv camera preview is one of the core reason I am going for them..

We use the LOGO alot , the best thing is that it has integrated display where you can change values. It has its limits ofcoarse.

We have used hundreds over the years.

I have one in my home central controlling lightning

Hows the app doing? Got cameras attached to it too?

Buying a Siemens logo with software is so cheap new so just buy one and try it out ��

Buying a Siemens logo with software is so cheap new so just buy one and try it out ��

The problem with giants like seimens is that they show any concern for business with small companies. I will ring them again tomorrow, or will have to buy from ebay etc