how to display a input change on panelview plus

Ok so I will write the trigger expression under the message name as shown in your second image? And yes I spent a better part of my day in the manual and help context but your help here is 100x more than I had all day I will try this first thing tomm am. My only concern is getting the old and new set point displayed versus just a message saying they were changed as if the change created a problem they will need to be able to know what the old setpoint was

you can add what it was and what is now by adding the tag values. but if it is changing a lot i use the trend option in ftvs.

You just have to take a look around and set it up the way you want. You may have to add rungs to the logic to get what you want

Like, do you want a alarm when it goes true to false or visa versa? Or if say you are monitoring water that is heating and you dont want it to boil over you would add some thing like
if {tag}==190 then 1 with a message saying "temp is 190 degrees"
if {tag}==200 then 1 with a message saying "temp is 200 degrees look out" and have it blink in yellow
if {tag}==210 then 1 with a message saying "warning temp is 210 degrees" and have it blink and in red

These are all read from the scaling tag in the logix program.

Last edited:
Ok great I'll try this tomm am and post a reply then. And no it shouldn't change at all except when they change molds/materials. I'll update the post and thank you again!!

I want an alarm when if {zone1.sp}does not equal(not sure how to express this) {zone 1.sp} then 1 with message saying zone 1 temp is 2 and was 190

One more thing,

Good luck with the manual.

For me, I found it will tell you a lot but not what you are looking for. I was able to buy ftsv-me for my self and found the manual to be very frustrating. I bought CDs online, watched a lot of videos and have sample programs from work so that I can visualize things better and reference to see how a certain thing was done. (this is probably the greatest thing to help me beside this sight).

I am thinking that all this stuff is in the 1st chapter of all the books and videos I have seen.

I'm slowly transitioning from just a guy making simple changes to doing it all from scratch and this site has been very very helpful. This is currently what has me stuck

I bought my ftvs 3 years ago and just today I figured out how to make parameter lists. If I dint work on it EVERY DAY, I would forget it. So use it or loose it.