CX Designer PopUp Generic Face Plate

I was wondering if anybody out there has ever made a generic popup to deal with multiple devices, similar to what you can do with factory talk and wonderware. I want to be able to index addresses from the PLC to the PT memory but it doesn't look like you are able to do this. Is there anybody out there that has come across this same problem?

Yep, have done this often for popup a & other functions.
Have a look at the SW functions..

you can do:
SW0=5
H100.00i0
Which will act on H100.05 etc
I think there are 10x of them available.
Depending on how your plc is structured, you may/may not need them all.

Note:
Done this from memory without referencing project, but you should get the idea?

Thanks for the reply, I am currently working out of town for a couple of days and I don’t have access to Omron software here. I will try this solution when I get back and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Hi lost control

That does work however it seems very limited with address structure, maybe I am missing something. I have attached a document with some screen shots and some notes of what i am trying to achieve.

You need to get creative ;)

From your example, make your address's W101.00i0, W101.03i0 etc

Then change your macro to be something like this:

-- VALVE --
$W27 = 1
$SW27 = ($W27 * 16)-16

-- PUMP --
$W27 = 100
$SW27 = ($W27 * 16)-16

I am sure you will get the idea..?

Hi again lost control.
I have just re-visited this project and am still unable to get this to the standard I am looking for. I'm not quite sure I understand the macro I'm guessing the concept is to apply some maths to manipulate the word address. I have attached a screenshot of some tags. All the bit addresses are standardised and the word addresses change based on the device selected. Thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

can you post/send me what you have tried so far, even if it is a cut down version?
Otherwise, if I get a chance later in week when in transit I can try & do something real basic for you

Try this...
Had to disable your macro on popup open, as well as change the System Memory config for SW27-35 to Binary from BCD (this caught me...)