Q. about saving data externally w/ RSLogix 5000

FNC

It has been a while since I used RSLogix 5000. Is there a way for me to save data in excel, notepad, etc??

I want data to be saved when a user presses a button on an HMI. Ideally every time it would add a new row of data on an excel file.

I believe Rockwell PLCs have a SD card but you can only write to it in Program mode which is not helpful.

Thanks!

Is there a Panelview attached to this PLC? If so I would use the DataStorePlus active X on the Panelview.

AdvancedHMI has an add-on EPPS that creates and writes data to an Excel spreadsheet

I have used that a few times for logging on controls.

AdvancedHMI has an add-on EPPS that creates and writes data to an Excel spreadsheet

I have used that a few times for logging on controls.

I think you are referring to EPPLUS. It is technically not an AAHMI add-on, but it can be installed and use with AAHMI.

FTP is also an option , from PLC to a PC, btw.