Quick Question About Siemens Smart Relay

jivey1026

Hey guys got a quick question. We have some smart relays laying around from out of date fixtures and I have used them in the past, siemens and idec. The question I have is the ones that I used before were relay outputs. Then one I have now is Transistor/.03A output. Can someone explain transistor output to me please.

Thanks in advance

I find it hard to put in words hehe.

The relay is simply a relay activated by the conditions you set.
A transistor output is suplied from within and can suply a load of 0.03A (0.3A?).

Yes I understand what a relay output is and how it works. I guess what I don't understand is what you mean by a transistor output is supplied within. The relay has "Q1" and "M" for each of its four outputs. I'm not sure how to wire this up because "M" at the top where the supply voltage to the smart relay is, is for 24 VDC Common. Would that make this a "Sinking" output where it switched the 24VDC common?