What is wrong with people?

PLc's in the wrong hands can kill or injure or maim people. That is pretty serious stuff. I take it very seriously!

So - so called stupid or very basic questions are a worry.

The answer to most of these questions should be - read the manual, practice with a real plc on your desk until you fully understand what is happening - then come ask questions.

If you are trying to get ahead in this very rewarding career - set yourself up right in the first place.

I think my biggest pet peave is when some senior members blast people for asking questions that have been previously asked with out searching first. Then these same members often complain when a new member spends time searching and then reopens an old thread.
Hahahaha! Yeah, I've found myself rolling my eyes a few times when I've seen this happen.

PLc's in the wrong hands can kill or injure or maim people. That is pretty serious stuff. I take it very seriously!

So - so called stupid or very basic questions are a worry.

The answer to most of these questions should be - read the manual, practice with a real plc on your desk until you fully understand what is happening - then come ask questions.

If you are trying to get ahead in this very rewarding career - set yourself up right in the first place.

I agree on some level, but you've touched on something that's always bugged me.

This site is called, "PLCS.net - Your Personal PLC Tutor Site." The name of the forum is "PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers"

Despite the reality that this is a mostly professional forum for people with all levels of control systems experience, the site heavily advertises itself as a place for beginners. It really shouldn't be a surprise when the 'n00bs' show up asking questions.

But do we have to put up with their whining?

Despite the reality that this is a mostly professional forum for people with all levels of control systems experience, the site heavily advertises itself as a place for beginners. It really shouldn't be a surprise when the 'n00bs' show up asking questions.
In this case I was objecting to the whining. Three days, give me a break. It took BP three months to solve their problem.

The problem is that many newbies think that everything is just a home work assignment that can be solved in 3 minutes like a normal home work problem.

Someone recently posted that they wrote a ladder editor. I bet that took closer to 3 months. I say good show. I know how hard it is to write a ladder editor. That takes PASSION and DESIRE. This is something that few newbies have. So my hat is off to the person that wrote the ladder editor. That thread was simply ignored which is too bad. I still have no sympathy for whining newbies. Now which do you think I would hire?

I can't find the thread. Maybe it was on a different site. I think the person who posted it was from Hungary. If you see this GOOD JOB. I was simply too busy at the time to respond and tell you so then.

2 Why can't people search this forum to find the wisdom, knowledge and experience that it already contains?
How old is this forum? It must be around 8 years.
Not to be a smart a$$, but doesn't this fall under the realm of question #2?
icon10.gif

You're a few years off. Don't feel bad, I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone 11 years ago. It's a good thing though, because I can honestly play stupid tomorrow.(y)
http://www.plcs.net/dcforum/DCForumID4/504.html#1
http://www.plcs.net/cgibin/b1bs/bbmat.cgi?script=plcs&frames=
http://www.plcs.net/cgibin/b1bs/bbmat.cgi?getsubject=323&script=plcs&frames=