My analog output wont give out my desired value

thewalkerist

Hello, I have a s7-1200 (https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/uk/uk/Catalog/Product/6ES7212-1AE40-0XB0) and i have bought an analog output module but my module wont recognize the values i give out. Everything seems ok and my plc runs and i tried a few digital inputs and outputs and they work just fine. I dont know whats wrong. In device configuration everything is green and there is nothing wrong. I dont know what im doing wrong. Maybe i am doing something wrong with the cables? i do not know. Value wont change whenever i change the output(0,27648) value it doesnt respond at all.

Oh and i know the pic i took doesnt show any lights on plc nor AO. I just removed the power supply. I needed to use it somewhere else

Screenshot (637).png 7f4b1ec9-b15a-4ab1-ac73-b50ee090daab.jpg

What are you expecting to see with the running code as shown in that first image? Because for that case I would expect the voltage measured to be 0 whenever Tag_8 is 1.

oh no that was just an example. if i turn tag_8 to 0 it still is the same. ı did it for trial purposes. so i turn off all of them and turn the tag_5 to 1 and there is no value change whatsoever

When you say "no value change whatever," what does that mean?

Does it mean you are seeing no voltage or current at the output terminals? Is it possible the output analog signal will not be applied if the channel does not sense some circuit load e.g. maybe there needs to be a resistor across the terminal?

Then there is the obvious: are you testing the correct terminals?

Is the output configured as voltage or current. Disconnect any loads connected to the output and measure directly at the terminal of the card.

Well if you're outputting current. Rather than voltage. An your meter leads are in the corresponding places in your meter. (Red - Positive, Black - Negative) They're the wrong way round.

What settings are you using on your meter to measure it? A common one that catches people out is forgetting to switch the mA scale to DC my fluke defaults to AC.

Is output word 96 tied to the output your measuring in the hardware configuration?

Why there isn't green led on Run led at CPU picture, neither at DI inputs and still online view shows different status?

OK so, i have tried to find the problem and this is what i came up with,

You remember the last picture right? 3 values 3 virtual buttons, Whenever i click to 0 the voltage value comes to 0-0.01V~ but when i pick the other two(20736 or 27648) the output i see becomes 1V(it shows in the picture -1 but thats because of wrong wiring. If you are wondering i changed the black and red cable and nothing changed. Still seeing with 1V). What am i missing here people? Did i do something wrong with the cables?

Screenshot (638).png 8c2fe42f-9810-4c32-8ddd-dd6446999c8f.jpg 71b8c2fd-2b9c-411e-9d13-6fe9ad392624.jpg 67635400-9571-465e-9683-27f05cfe6a6a.jpg aafc994a-c7c5-4cf2-938f-0e5997f0c7e5.jpg

Welp, here is another problem that i've encountered. This time i tried changing the value to 4-20mA to see how that would pan out. No good news here guys. It didnt work. At least when used volts i saw 0 when turned it to 0. But now it always stays on 1. Kinda weird right?

Screenshot (639).png

Your clamp meter is on diode testing position on Ohms selection. It won't read voltages but instead send test voltage to output pins.

Change meter position to VDC metering!

Normal multimeter would be better as your clamp meter have only 0..600VDC rang and no DC amps metering at all.

Last edited:
Your clamp meter is on diode testing position on Ohms selection. It won't read voltages but instead send test voltage to output pins.
Change meter position to VDC metering!

Whatever position i use there is no change

Normal multimeter would be better as your clamp meter have only 0..600VDC rang and no DC amps metering at all.

Now i dont know about this.

Welp you were right. I changed the value to 6070(max i can do i imagine after that it will give just 1) and at 6070 it gives me 1.996V. I dont know if its normal or not but it checks out. Whenever i change a value it changes so i guess it works