DH 485 network

Jezz

Hi ,
we are hoping to connect 3 plc's (slc 5/03 ,slc 5/01 and a micro 1200) on a DH 485 network how ever the slc 5/01 is some times switched off (for production to do a full clean) will the network still run on the other two the slc 5/01 is going to be in the middle of the network cable.
My guess is it'll be ok but I was hoping some one had some experience of this ..

Thanks Jezz :)

Hi

Should not be a problem if one of the SLC's is powered down... The SLC that is powered down will just display a red cross when the network is viewed in RSLinx...

BUT

If you intend on using the SLC Message (MSG) instruction, you may need to be careful, because if you try to message to a "dead" node you may cause the MSG instruction to go into an error....

Similar Topics

Good day all. I have an RS-485 topology question. I am hoping for some guidance so that I can make a confident calculation/decision that this will...
Replies
Views
I have an allen Bradley system in which there is two micrologix 1200 and two panel view 300 and a Rsview 32 connected on DH485 network with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am trying to create an DH485 netwrok which will consist of 2 ML1500 using ACi units for data acquisition back to a pc. i understand how...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am stuck with RS485 network with duplicate node. I changed address of a node by mistake and now cannot talk to any node possibly due to...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am currently troubleshooting a communications issue regarding a DH485 network. The network contains PLC1, PLC2, and PLC3, all AB...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom