Is there a way to export RSLogix 5 Cross-Reference to CSV (or other)?

slick_william

Hello brothers and sisters of PLCTalk.net,

I am working with a PLC5/40 program which uses RSLogix 5, and am wondering if there is a way to export the Cross-Reference results to some kind of text or .csv file?

The idea is that we are taking an old PLC offline and I want to check each physical I/O before okaying the removal. I exported the tags and wanted to also export the Cross-Reference so that I could make sure to capture each instance of where any physical input or output may be used.

I looked in RSLogix 5 for something like this, also did a bit of online research and didn't find anything about whether or not this is possible.

Thank you and happy coding to you all,

Slick

Not sure about a CSV, but if you go to File > Report Options... you can uncheck all the boxes and check the "Cross Reference" box in the General section, and then click "Print," see my attached screenshot. This will generate a PDF of the Cross Reference.

Logix5CrossReference.PNG