You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 10th, 2020, 07:12 AM   #16
parky
United Kingdom

I have just created a function in a Mitsubishi plc the pics show you how it is compiled and would be similar to how you would do it in DL. just the code will be different so I have simplified it below:
LD SM412 // conditional bit for call to sub so only move var if true
Move D0 to D12287 // move value 1 to var in 1
Move D1 to D12288 // move value 2 to Var in 2
Move D3 to D12289 // Move in/out to var in/out this is an in/out parameter
LD SM412 // logic bit to enable call to subroutine
JSR P1024 // Conditional jump to sub (pointer)
LD SM412 // as this is conditional jump to sub <-- Return line fom sub
Move D12289 to D3 // move modified in/out var back to D3
LD SM412
Mov D12884 to D2 // This moves the result Var out to D2
...... // rest of main program
FEND // this is Mitsi version of main cycle i.e. END

P2048: // this is the start of the subroutine
+ D12287, D12286 D12284 // Adds in 1 & in 2 into var out
LD>= D12284, K235 // do the compare
+ K1 D12289 // if greater then add 1 to in/out var
RET // Return from sub (RT in DL)

......... Next sub etc.
Attached Images
File Type: png prog sub.png (8.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png fun cal.png (3.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png Fun.png (6.5 KB, 3 views)
Old January 13th, 2020, 12:05 PM   #17
walkir
United States

Great, this is really helpful!
Old January 13th, 2020, 12:55 PM   #18
craiggribbs
United States

If it's a customer requesting you use Direct Logic maybe you could steer them into using a Productivity PLC which is still a Koyo/Automation Direct product. As others have stated the DL series is quite mature......but it does work well for what it is. The Productivity stuff is great to use and often costs less than the Direct Logic hardware, not to mention the software is free.
Old January 13th, 2020, 01:26 PM   #19
hasait
Spain

What mean that? Communication betwen plc Mitsubishi and pic? Is the same with arduino?...
Old January 13th, 2020, 08:35 PM   #20
Mike Lamond
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggribbs View Post
If it's a customer requesting you use Direct Logic maybe you could steer them into using a Productivity PLC which is still a Koyo/Automation Direct product. As others have stated the DL series is quite mature......but it does work well for what it is. The Productivity stuff is great to use and often costs less than the Direct Logic hardware, not to mention the software is free.
Following several months of DL06 programming a year ago, my take is that the Direct Logic platform is capable but at least 25 years out of date.
Old January 14th, 2020, 07:38 AM   #21
icky812
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lamond View Post
Following several months of DL06 programming a year ago, my take is that the Direct Logic platform is capable but at least 25 years out of date.
AutomationDirect has several new PLCs (Productivity, Do-more, Click) that are much better choices than a DL06. Nothing wrong with a DL06, but as @Mike Lamond says, they were introduced in 2002, which is a fair bit of time ago.
Old January 14th, 2020, 07:43 AM   #22
craiggribbs
United States

It is quite capable it just has plenty of little quirks you learn to deal with. I've been stuck with roughly 20 various DL model PLC's for the last 12 years. Let's just say I get excited when I get to program on one of our few Control Logix controllers haha. The DL hardware is pretty reliable as well. We do go through some CPU's and analog cards on occasion but having them get cooked by an RF welder 24/7 isn't exactly great for them either. The ones not on RF welders have never been touched outside of replacing batteries.
Old January 14th, 2020, 09:12 AM   #23
Gene Bond
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggribbs View Post
It is quite capable it just has plenty of little quirks you learn to deal with. I've been stuck with roughly 20 various DL model PLC's for the last 12 years. Let's just say I get excited when I get to program on one of our few Control Logix controllers haha. The DL hardware is pretty reliable as well. We do go through some CPU's and analog cards on occasion but having them get cooked by an RF welder 24/7 isn't exactly great for them either. The ones not on RF welders have never been touched outside of replacing batteries.
+1

I've lost cards here and there due to wiring errors when machines are moved or lightning strikes, etc., but no reliability issues with the hardware.

I just hate going back and dealing with BCD/Hex/Octal BS these days. 16/32/64 bit and real/int is enough to deal with! I'm also getting tired of mapping addresses. Tag-based is the way to go... +1 Productivity and DoMore, Click is less painful than DirectLogic, but I'd like them to move along to Tag-based.
Old January 14th, 2020, 09:28 AM   #24
craiggribbs
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond View Post
+1

I've lost cards here and there due to wiring errors when machines are moved or lightning strikes, etc., but no reliability issues with the hardware.

I just hate going back and dealing with BCD/Hex/Octal BS these days. 16/32/64 bit and real/int is enough to deal with! I'm also getting tired of mapping addresses. Tag-based is the way to go... +1 Productivity and DoMore, Click is less painful than DirectLogic, but I'd like them to move along to Tag-based.
Tags would be nice for the click but at least Click has that nice little table where you can add descriptions for everything. I wish they would bring that over to DirectSoft!!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum