Text string with bunch of questions

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
I have a problem with HMI where the tag string shows a bunch of question marks. I am not sure where to go from here?? I believe someone else had fixed a similar issue on the other line saying he updated UDT. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

20200927_111700.jpg

That appears to be a Rockwell FTView ME HMI, and it may mean that the tag associated with those "?" is longer in length that what the graphic is currently set up for. I.E. Tag is 20 characters long but HMI reference is only 17 characters long.

That means that the tag that the HMI is trying to display is not found in the PLC.

When this happens to me, either I mistyped the tag in the HMI display or changed the tag name or UDT structure in the PLC.

The asterisk on the end says the display is set to more characters than there is room for.

Do I need to download to HMI in the case where the tag was mistyped? I ll ckeck out UDT structure in PLC as well. Thank you all.