AB FT View SE - using a tag to provide a part of string in String variable in Text?

iuhytvYUTCU

Long story short,

I am creating a display to display an array of Strings from PLC

[topic]VarStrA_RPHD.Desc[VarStrB]

totally 100 strings display:
[ZH01]Unit1_RPHD.Desc[0]
[ZH01]Unit1_RPHD.Desc[1]
[ZH01]Unit1_RPHD.Desc[99]

To keep the display clear and simple, only 10 strings will be visible at a time, aka. 10 groups each has 10 trings, with visibility animation.

To do this I firstly created an array of 10 Text elements in global display. In this Text array, there's one parameter to send, which is group(page) number [0~9]. And I planned as, I can send 0 to a group to let this first group display Unit1_RPHD.Desc[0~9], send 1 to display Desc[10~19], and so on. Place all 10 groups in a display.
page.png

Finally, the button that calls this display will be a global element as well, and it has #101 as PLC path.
plc.png

The result seems to be like, I will edit the Text element as:
final.png

As first test I filled in #101 of the button to be "[ZH01]Area01_Unit1", and group number of the array element to be "Num\0"; I have yet figured out how to deviate between each other in the same group, I just put my thought into test on one single element inside. But SE gave me error says something like it cannot read [ZH01]Area01_Unit1.Desc[Num\0]. Pay attention to "Num\0", I guess I cannot have the string variable containing another tag name in it? I planned to add math i=group*10+0~9 to the Desc (I don't know how to at this moment) to have it referencing each element in the array Desc[], now I doubt I can realize it.

Does SE actually allow this usage in string variable?? Has someone tried similar thing?

As you discovered, you cannot use indirect addressing when pointing to an array element in FactoryTalk.

My recommendation in this case would be to create a new string array of 10 elements that will be used to interface between the PLC and HMI. When a display is called you can have the PLC move the 10 strings needed from your main array into the HMI interface array.