FactoryTalk View Studio Fill Animation

jrsnydley

I am trying to set up fill animation on a polygon. How do I determine what color it fills with? I want to have it start as one color and fill as another. Is there a way to do that or would I have to layer another polygon on top of my original color?

Last edited:
I believe fill just fills the object itself, you cannot select the colour.
Could you use the colour animation in conjunction with the fill?

Or do you mean you want a background colour to be blue and then when the object is filled it is white on a blue background (as an example)?

Yes, I want one color to fill over the other. I have accomplished this by layering. I have run into another issue though, I am using a timer's accumulated value for the animation's expression. So the white fills over the blue while the timer is accumualting. When the timer is done, the polygon changes back to blue immediately. I want the blue to fill in over the white. Any suggestions? This is supposed to mimic a conveyor running that has two different colored sections of belt on it.

If your using one timer for both fill objects then set the min. value of object 1 at 0 and set the min. value of object 2 at half the timer Preset. The Max for object 1 would be half your preset and the Max for object two would be your Preset value.

ex. timer Preset 50000.
object 1- 0 to 24999
object 2- 25000 to 50000