FT View ME Station problems

ErikG

I've got a desktop computer that I'm running ME Station on, but cant get it to read any tags from the PLC. All objects are wireframed/errors. I can ping the PLC from this desktop and also can see it in linx. The errors that come up say 'the item is no longer available, and also Failed to resolve item's ID.'

From my programming laptop in FT View everything works just fine with 'test application' and also with 'test display.'

I've used this exact same runtime file on the same model of desktop and haven't ran into this issue. Has anyone ran into this???

It's been a while for me with FT but double check you design and runtime shortcuts. Delete and recreate them if needed.

HTH

Yes, go check the Device Shortcuts in RSLinx Enterprise (now FactoryTalk Linx).

When moving the application to a different computer the Design information usually needs to be updated. The application remembers the previous computer and does not recognize the new computer.

If you go to the Design tab and click on the shortcut, you'll probably see in the right hand windows pane, it does not highlight the PLC controller. Select the controller and Apply the change. Then click OK. You must Apply first, then click OK.

The Target tab is not used when running on the PC. And it is probably OK anyways. It is the Design tab that usually loses its mind.

OG