Panelview 1000 communication trouble

Spartan10

I have a system with two (2) Panelview 1000 terminals communicating to two (2) CompactLogix processors via Ethernet (all communicating with each other, not two separate systems). The system is powered off nightly, and then powered up again each morning (just the way this customer operates, I cannot change this). When the system is powered up, each Panelview gives me an "initial write error", even though I do not have the option checked to write to the processors on start-up. This is a small problem because it is cleared simply by pressing any key. The big problem, is that many (but not all) times one Panelview fails to communicate and needs to be physically reset by going to the configuration screens and performing a reset in the communication menu. Once reset, the communication is fine and everything works properly. Confusing me more is the fact that it's not the same Panelview experiencing this problem each time. What am I missing?