PM3K to ControlLogix L55 on DeviceNet

godfrey

A colleague of mine helped me set up a message instruction in RSLogix 5000 V15.5 to get data from a power monitor 3000 thru DeviceNet. It currently works fine for one monitor. Now I need to add eight more monitors to the network. He said he used something called "DeviceNet Tag Generator for RSLogix 5000" to automatically generate tags. I've tried searching for this but have come up empty. Have you heard of this?

The Tag Generator utility comes with RSLogix 5000 v16.03 and with RSNetworx for DeviceNet versions 7.0 and 8.0. It's also downloadable from the MySupport website.

Here's a FAQ on the tool itself: Answer ID #42125

All the Tag Generator does is automate the process of creating UDTs that match up with certain I/O assemblies and creating logic to move that data in and out of the Scanner's I/O table.

For PM3000, I still prefer to do the work by hand, but the Tag Generator might do some of the heavy lifting.

I'm just beginning to work on setting up about 10 of these on a DeviceNet network. Any chance I can get a copy of your program so I can get a jump-start on it?

Thanks,
Richard