DirectSoft6 Memory Editor

Am I dumb or maybe I just don't understand... ?

Why (frustratingly) doesn't the memory editor let me look at V40615 or C300? What gives? Why the limited access to the only viewer for offline data.

I still struggle with these DLs processors even after after years of struggling with them. Much prefer the Productivity, BRX/DoMore and Clicks (in order) than any of the DLs.

The memory editor is for numeric locations. Both of your references are in the control bit (C) area. The ladder logic itself, by highlighting, can show the last saved online value for control bits. If you really want the C bits to be viewable in the Memory Editor then add LD VC300, OUT V1000 (or whatever locations) then view the target location value as 'binary' in the Memory Editor. Remember to save the values using the disk icon before going offline.

Last edited:
True Bernie for those elements like comparisons but not for boxes on the output column - at least not that I can see!

I'm beating my brains out bit bashing my own Modbus Hex ASCII strings because DL05 doesn't support MWX. You'll of course ask but why MB ASCII? Because were replacing a Hitchi SJ700 with a GS4 Durapulse and Port 2 is already configured 7N2 and already talking Hitachi ASCII protocol on RS485 on a converter. At least the GS4 can do Modbus. Plus if there's any timing issues with the frames, the ASCII leaves enough time between frames that there are no issues. This machine needs a conversion to a more capable PLC. These DL05s were cheap but you paid the difference between a more expensive PLC and a DL05 when you started programming the things. I always said for one-offs it wasn't worth it. If you were building multiple identical machines it would make a $$ difference though.