Siemens 1200 Signal Board AI install

toddp65

Hi all.

I installed a single analog input signal board on my Siemens 1200 controller. I connected a 4-20 mA signal from a rtd to 4-20 temperature transmitter to it and I'm only receiving a 0 on my tia portal program analog input.
Attached is the configuration of the controller and where it shows the signal board there's no green check mark as if something is wrong. The LEDs on the SB don't light up but I am not for sure if they're supposed as I've only used a DI signal board before.
The board was configured and downloaded and power cycled but I've got nothing.

Thoughts on this?

Capture_SB.PNG

If no LEDs light up you either have a faulty module or more likely you messed up in the wiring. You understand that you have to take a 24V supply to the board? Another problem is that people seem to confuse which layer of terminals to connect to. Post a picture of your wiring.

Thanks all for the replies.

The resolution was pretty straightforward: I didn't do a hardware comile and download, only the software. I was always online with it and that option is grayed out while online and configuring. If I would have been offline looking at the program it ould have been solid and an option. Once I did this my module came to life.

thanks

Been there, done that :)
I would have sworn that the power light should have come on even without a download, I learn something new everyday.