230v Estop

PE

Well, Terry ole pardner, I is a P.E. (Professional Engineer) and that designation covers a multitude of sins. Like so much else in the US of A, engineering registration is a state goevernment function, but most states nowadays use the standard national P.E. exam and generally folow the same procedures. When I took my P.E. test it didn't differentiate between electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering licenses, apparently figgerin' if ya was smart enough to pass the test ya oughta know what you was qualified t' engineer. Most states now do define the area of licensing. Some states, notably California, have stricter requirements. Most other states (again California is a notable exception - I believes due to siesmic requirements) will grant recoprocity to licenses from other jurisdictions.

Ya don't need no engineering degree t' git a PE license, but it helps. You kin acshully still git a PE without taking the test, but it is tough to git "grandfathered" in nowadays.