using AB Powerflex as a third phase for 3 phase 230V motor !

Thank you for posting the schematic of the actuator controls.

Most of the posts on this thread were assuming that the PowerFlex is directly controlling a motor that's part of an actuator of some kind.

The Auma brand motorized valve actuator shown in that schematic has its own control board and derives control power from the AC line. Most importantly, it also has its own reversing contactor, labeled K1 and K2.

It also has a component labeled "PC", a Phase Correction detection device.

What I think is happening is that this actuator was not designed to be connected to a VFD. The Phase Correction device is being confused by the synthetic sine wave coming from the PowerFlex.

The drawing has a note that says "drawing shown without Phase Correction. Open-Close will be switched if activated".

I think that the solution to this problem will be to disable the Phase Correction feature. I'm not familiar with how those work, so I cannot suggest a method.

As Ken has indicated, the Auma motorized valve actuators, used widely in the water treatment industry, have their own internal controls. I would think that trying to run this from a VFD would run the risk of damaging the controls internal to the actuator, since it has a power supply that takes the 3 phase and converts it to 24VAC and 24VDC for the internal control operation. Was the purpose of the VFD just to generate 3 phase from single phase, or to also slow the operation?