Studio 5000 Version 21 does not open.

Solomonjg

Good morning,

Studio 5000 Version 21 does not go past the initial flash screen. I am trying to open a sample program to get familiar.

I am not sure what to look for.

Thanks

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling without any of the optional features. On v21, there was a bug with the Clock Update Utility and one of the others that caused that problem. Or from memory, if you install a newer version and DO install all the optional features, the faulty one should get upgraded and you should be good to go.

try running in administrator mode, usually it will give an error code if this is the problem sometimes this happens to me but i am running version 20.

Solomonjg said:
Studio 5000 Version 21 does not go past the initial flash screen...

What is the full software version (major.minor.sub minor eg: 21.00.00)? This can be found under Help/About, or similar.

This technote outlines most of what ASF is referring to...

518662 - Studio 5000 v21 and RSLogix5000 v20 stop responding after first reboot upon V21 install
Access Level: Everyone

If your current version is 21.00.00, then they recommend that you install version 21.00.01 (on a Tuesday of a Full Moon, after 2pm). Alternatively, I could loan you my lucky Leprechaun's Hat, or, after you reinstall v21.00.00, never reboot your workstation PC.

Regards,
George