email to sms

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Well, carriers (Verizon specifically) are starting to blacklist email to sms messages.
Of course, if you pay Verizon $100/mo they will white list you.
Any one know of a work around?

Well, carriers (Verizon specifically) are starting to blacklist email to sms messages.
Of course, if you pay Verizon $100/mo they will white list you.
Any one know of a work around?

what are you sending the messages from? I use Twilio, but that may not be easy to do from most devices or softwares.

Just worked on my Verizon phone, from a Mail.com public domain that frequently gets blocked for spam.

But I like the @usa.com so I put up with it and resend from another account if I get the spam kickback.

Well, something is wrong since my two test from different email app didn't work just now.

I think Verizon is just hosed but doesn't appear to be intentional.

I have had problems with Verizon with text messages.

Suddenly at 5:00AM I get a bunch of messages from the day before with my 5:00 from my bank of overnight activity.

It's like their system halts and then wakes up later and sends them all then.

EDIT: 2 separate Verizon phones do this same thing, but the second line doesn't get my bank texts, so it resumes when it does get a current text later.

what are you sending the messages from? I use Twilio, but that may not be easy to do from most devices or softwares.

Twilio was recommended.
But that appears to be an api for languages that I don't code in.
I'm using Indusoft.

SMS is very old technology that is going away in 2020 (that's the current plan as I understand it). It is also something that third party carries handle for the major cell providers and because it's going away it's not being maintained like it would be if it were sticking around. You probably ran into something along those lines. If SMS texting is part of your automation application I'd contact your carrier and find out what their statement is and what you need to prepare for (I.E. upgraded equipment, etc...)

Verizon's SMS email address is @vtext.com

The list I have for all carriers doesn't show a @vzwpix.com listing