Control logix ENET/B SMS or Email

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am having problems trying to get either the SMS or Email to work. I have read every post on here and else where and do not have a tech connect account. And have read the Manual. I wrote the code according to this manual and saw the same configuration in other posts that worked. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/enet-um001_-en-p.pdf
THE Hardware.
1756-L55 Rev 16.3
1756-ENET/B Rev 2.6
The error I get is 16#0005 Class or instance not supported.
And when using Wireshark I don't see any attempt to send data to the IP address specified in the first message. Where do I go from here ?

Thanks again in advance,
Matt

As far as I know (and from what I read in Chapter 7 of that manual) the 1756-ENET does not support e-mail client functionality. That's why you get a "service not supported" error code.

The 1756-ENET was the first generation Ethernet module for the ControlLogix, and even the Series B firmware has much less power and functionality than the 1756-ENBT or 1756-EN2T.

You're going to need a 1756-ENBT module, at a minimum.