FX series PLC and Hoist Demag model F24-8D

zai_jnr

Hello buddies,

I'm now working with hoist demag model number F24-8D and PLC mitsubishi FX series.

Currently the hoist was movement control by remote control.

End user request to me to do some modification to this hoist which is the movement the hoist can control by PLC using push button on PLC's control panel.

That mean, the control can be by remote or push button on control panel.

I'm already study the user manual, but really hard to understand the diagram.Seems there have no connection to signal movement for up/down the hoist that can be control by PLC. What the diagram show ONLY dry contact from the control circuit of hoist.

PLease help me to give information how to do the connection.

Hopefully, there have members here got an experienced did this modification for the hoist.

Thank a lot for reply.

do you have an I/O list for the FX PLC
If this is a Demag Crane remote, all the controls could be done in that unit.

do you have an I/O list for the FX PLC
If this is a Demag Crane remote, all the controls could be done in that unit.

io list for FX will design myself when i know how to do the connection to that hoist..

Yes, the crane is remote control crane..you mean is it impossible to do the control from PLC to that hoist unit?

here I'm attach receiver diagram for that said hoist.

the receiver forms part of the system safety
make sure what ever you design does not bypass the safety
Also make sure you understand that a PLC is not a safety device.
(sorry If I am telling you how to suck eggs - Lately we have had to)
Normally when doing Dual control you require dual relays to changeover
(three states REMOTE - OFF - PLC)
then ignore the remote totally

the receiver forms part of the system safety
make sure what ever you design does not bypass the safety
Also make sure you understand that a PLC is not a safety device.
(sorry If I am telling you how to suck eggs - Lately we have had to)
Normally when doing Dual control you require dual relays to changeover
(three states REMOTE - OFF - PLC)
then ignore the remote totally

From the diagram that I attach, I'm understood that all dry contact just provide signal from hoist to external device ( such as PLC). But there have no mention how to control the hoist from PLC, mean signal to hoist. o_O

I don't believe you can. The host is stand alone and should hard wire to the control panel

That is my assumption.

I don't believe you can. The host is stand alone and should hard wire to the control panel

That is my assumption.

I'm just thinking that maybe there have PCB board inside the hoist controller which is there have some terminal I can wiring the signal UP/Down to PLC output..just thinking..since the hoist still under warranty, maybe the warranty will void if I'm doing this.:sick: