RedLion Data Station Plus

josephem

Hi,
I've been told to get the Red Lion Data Station to an Allen Bradley Compact Logix L32E. I want just basic comms established between the two but even that has been a struggle.
Here's what I have done:
1. In Crimson: I enabled network >> Protocol 1- AB L5K Tags : PLC1
2. Data Tags: I created a single tag (for simplicity) and selected source from PLC1 which I plan to record Tag1
3. Data Logger: basically left it all to default and Control: Tag : Tag1

I then pressed update (connected to RL Data Station via USB/PG)
After the CF light was steady I ejected took it to the AB PLC (connected PLC and RL Data station via Ethernet) and did a couple of runs.

I noticed Ethernet port wasnt blinking during the runs and when I connected the RL data station to my pc there was nothing in the CompactFlash

Any advice or Tips?
I'm definitely new to RL Data Station and still pretty green when it comes to PLCs.

What version of Crimson are you using? I am not familiar with the Data Station but when you set up your comms did you give the ethernet port a staic I.P. that mactches the network settings of the PLC you are wanting to communicate to?

What version of Crimson are you using? I am not familiar with the Data Station but when you set up your comms did you give the ethernet port a staic I.P. that mactches the network settings of the PLC you are wanting to communicate to?
Im using crimson 3.0 and yes both PLC and Data Station are on the same network with static IP's
My data station creates a csv but I dont think it is reading the values from the PLC since all my values are either off or zero.
Both my PLC and Data station are on the network because I could ping them both from my PC.

What kind of tag is it? Flag Tag , Numeric, Basic???

While connected to the DSP via USB, right click on the Data Tag and click "Add to Watch List". Then go to View --> Watch Window ---> Go Online . See if it displays a live value next to the tag name.

Hi jmaty23
Well I've put in tags or various types to identify if the tag type had to do with anything.
But I have been focusing on try to log a flag and a numeric

Just for grins and giggles, make a display page and plop a reference to the tag on the page. I have had one or two situations where I needed to display tags in order to get them to update contrary to other settings that should have had them updating anyway.