RedLion Data Station DSPLE000

HPD

I am polling 16 bit Integers from a Horner PLC and things work fine. I need 2 32 bit floats from the same device but I can't seem to get the right data type figured out.
When I poll with another simulator software I have to use 32 bit modicon modbus format to get the correct value.

I don't see any byte swapping available to me using the 485 master port in the RedLion.

Can I do this with this Data Station Plus?

Does the Horner store the float in 2 16-bit registers or a single 32-bit registers? You will want to use a Real tag. If it is stored in 2 registers, you want to map to the first register and choose Word as Real for the Data Type). If it is in a single register, then you want to map to an L4 register.

The only available transform on the Real Tags is to swap the words, which is done on the Data tab of the tag.

Regards,
Dan

Does the Horner store the float in 2 16-bit registers or a single 32-bit registers? You will want to use a Real tag. If it is stored in 2 registers, you want to map to the first register and choose Word as Real for the Data Type). If it is in a single register, then you want to map to an L4 register.

The only available transform on the Real Tags is to swap the words, which is done on the Data tab of the tag.

Regards,
Dan
you can define a register as type REAL of 32bit in the Horner units.
You can also read just the low or highword if you wanted to as both words are saved in 2 consecutive registers.

you can define a register as type REAL of 32bit in the Horner units.
You can also read just the low or highword if you wanted to as both words are saved in 2 consecutive registers.
OK, in that case it will need to be a Real mapped Word as Real. Without any transforms, we will treat the lower address (the one that is mapped to) as the high word.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks Dan. I never did get it to work. And unless I'm missing
something there are no word swapping capabilities with this RedLion model anywhere. A tech support hot line would realy have helped when I was on site. I looked through the Crimson manual but anything I found that I could try was not available with this model. More than a little bit frustrating.

There is in the data tag section, but that will only help while viewing tags online. However, Crimson 3 allows these transforms to be used in the gateway blocks.

There is a tech support hotline, 717-767-6511 is the main line, then ask for HMI tech support.

Regards,
Dan