Phoenix Contact Logic+and PLC-V8C controller

sparkyinak

The attached is part of the program that I am currently having an issue with. When the program run via the simulator. It works like it suppose to. DI_0_3 is a momentary switch that has to be held close for five seconds. Once the OnDelay_MODE_ON times out, it energizes F_002 and sets the Set_MODE_ON function for the default manual mode to automatic. When DI_0_6 is held close for 5 seconds, the systems goes from auto mode to manual. The DQ_08_PAN is not activated during the operation so both of inputs on the "AND" blocks are inverted thus they are energized at all times for this discussion.

According to the user guide during a power outage, the "Set" function and F_000 which is tagged "Retained" should retain the same state after a power outage as they did before the outage. It works fine in the simulator however when I upload it to the controller and run the program, both the "Set" function and F_000 do not retain their settings. As such, during a power outage, the program resorts to its default manual mode. The system needs to retain it's state after an outage as it did before the outage rather automatic or manual mode.

There were several other programs running at the same time so at first I though they may be cross communicating even though it did not appear to be. I deleted all of the programs but the one in the attachment. The settings still are not retaining their states after an outage. Any ideas? * **

I have not worked with this controller. It appears that you have done everything correctly. I would contact the manufacturer with the question.
How to make the F_ flags memory retentive?

Regards,

Thanx for the response. Contacting the factory Monday morning is my Plan B if I came up with nothing here. I figured it was a long shot here being not a mainline product. Accord to the user manual, F_0000 is formatted to retained its state during an outage.

I even did a simple on/off program. Ran ok on simulator, but not when uploaded.