Siemens OPC with Euromap 63

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

Maybe this thread is a little different from what the forum usually talks about, but I hope someone can help me.

I'm going to work on a project where I'll communicate an Inyection Molding Machine (IMM) to a Siemens PC (SIMATIC IPC227D with OPC), the protocol the IMM has to exchange communication is Euromap 63, and the Euromap organization has a document where it explains how to do so, so the document states that you should use an ethernet cable and then use TCP/IP and then it explains how to access the information.

The problem is that I'm not too familiar with this, I know how to program and I'm not stranger to some programming lenguajes, so, if anyone can send me a little explanation on how to start, or a little example, I'll probably be good to go.

I attach the Euromap 63 document, to see if it helps anybody.

Hope you can help me, best regards

Juan

I hope you found a solution..

Hi juanmdx,

I've got the same trouble. Did you find a solution? If so, could you please provide me some information about how you solved this issue?

Thanks,
Luca

On page 5 in the PDF it says:
The interface itself is accomplished using ASCII files.
An underlying network file system, whose type and mechanisms are outside the scope of this document, is responsible for providing access to shared network file severs.
That is not a job for OPC.

Not sure how to accomplish it, but I guess that on the IPC there could be some kind of program of script that can fetch the mentioned ASCII files, and then the data in the file must be translated by the IMM program in the IPC, in a way that I dont know about.

Hello,

Did anyone build any library to implement EUROMAP 63 or 15?
I read already the Datasheet, however, is not being easy to start.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

Sorry we couldn't find a way to do it in the time we had for the project, so my clien had an IMM engineer to come and we communicate the PLC with the IMM thought relays.

Hope you can find a better solution.

Juan

Hello everyone,

Sorry we couldn't find a way to do it in the time we had for the project, so my clien had an IMM engineer to come and we communicate the PLC with the IMM thought relays.

Hope you can find a better solution.

Juan

Thank Juan for your reply.
I'm thinking to use MICA Harting Euromap. Let me see. It should be easier once it's only a exchange of files.