Logixpro data table

Rengas

Hi everyone,

Where can i find instructions on how to use or program the data table (the binary bits in particular ) in Logixpro simulation?. Ive been looking for a step by step instruction on google and i cant find one.

Thank you all for looking.

Last edited:
Hold on a few minutes and I will write you some custom instructions for how to enter data into the B3 Data Tables in the LogixPro Simulator. Here are the instructions.

Last edited:
ok lancie1,

I managed to get the door simulation sorted without using the flags as the flags was giving me too much of a headache.

Im now trying to learn to use the flags for the batch simulator as i realize it may be easier to use that if i know how to use it.

I wait in patience for your instructions on how to use it.
Thanks very much

I managed to get the door simulation sorted without using the flags as the flags was giving me too much of a headache.
Many instructors would not allow that, or would count off if you did not follow instructions. If you become a programmer and get a set of customer specifications that said "use flags", then you would be in the jam and could not do the job. On the other hand, maybe your instructor is so poor that he doesn't care how you do it long as you get a certain "answer". Too bad.

See Post #7 for the instructions. Do you have the instructions for the LogixPro Batch Simulator? Which Batch Simulator Exercises are you doing (Batch Mix Exercise 1, 2, 3, A1, or A2)? Exercise 1 is about learning to use a Counter to keep up with the flowmeter data. Most likely you are doing at least Exercise 3, so I could post Exercise 1 to help you get started.

Last edited:
See Post #7 for the instructions. Do you have the instructions for the LogixPro Batch Simulator? Which Batch Simulator Exercises are you doing?

Its just the basic one. I realize there are other ones that you have to use the
ABC thing on the panel.

The batch is working ok but when i activate the stop it resets the timer as well which shouldnt happen. I havnt used any flags which may be the problem.

I'm sure its 1. I'm trying to find a way to email you my program.

Last edited:
. Im only having problems with the stop button resetting my timers to zero when i press it and the Run light not coming back to idle after output pump 3 is done.

The batch is working ok but when i activate the stop it resets the timer as well which shouldnt happen.
Oh yeah! That is the big student "gotcha" in the Batch Mix Simulator Exercises. It is the first time you may have come up against the problem of having to track WHICH STEP the process is doing in order to successfully do the next step. Somehow you must do that, or you will not be able to finish this one. Of course, if you had learned about Flags in the previous exercise, you would now know of at least one way to divide the Batch Mix Exercise into about 3 Steps or Stages:

Step 1: Tank Filling
Step 2: Tank Heating and Mixing
Step 3: Tank Draining

If you want to be frugal and efficient, you can actually do it with only 1 Flag, "Step 2 Finished". I used 2 flags, "Step 2 Mixing Cycle" and "Step 3 Drain Cycle".

Last edited:
Many instructors would not allow that, or would count off if you did not follow instructions. If you become a programmer and get a set of customer specifications that said "use flags", then you would be in the jam and could not do the job. On the other hand, maybe your instructor is so poor that he doesn't care how you do it long as you get a certain "answer". Too bad.

See Post #7 for the instructions. Do you have the instructions for the LogixPro Batch Simulator? Which Batch Simulator Exercises are you doing (Batch Mix Exercise 1, 2, 3, A1, or A2)? Exercise 1 is about learning to use a Counter to keep up with the flowmeter data. Most likely you are doing at least Exercise 3, so I could post Exercise 1 to help you get started.

I cant find the attach button on the send private message on this website. i was trying to send you my logixpro batch program.

Oh yeah! That is the big student "gotcha" in these Exercises. It is the first time you may have come up against the problem of having to track WHICH STEP the process is doing in order to successfully do the next step. Somehow you must do that, or you will not be able to finish this one. Of course, if you had learned about Flags in the previous exercise, you would now know of at least one way to divide the Batch Mix Exercise into about 3 Steps or Stages:

Step 1: Tank Filling
Step 2: Tank Heating and Mixing
Step 3: Tank Draining

I have to go back and study the file you sent me about how to use the flags then. I didnt know a thing about dividing into 3 parts.