wfortuny

I am working in RSLogix 5000 version 17, 18, 19 and I have several tags:

alias DINT:
Pump_1_start
Pump_2_start
Pump_X_start

Base DINT[6]
Pump_Sequence

I would like to do something like the instruction below to copy the value of "1" to the Pump_Sequence array element 0 value of Pump_X_Start. For instance if Pump_Sequence[0]=3 then I would move a "1" to the Pump_3_Start alias DINT tag:

MOV
Source: 1
Destination: Pump_[Pump_Sequence[0]]_Start

Is this possible, or what is a better way to do this?

Make a new element called pump_start, define it as a DINT -- but do NOT click OK yet... -- then put the number of members of the array you want after DINT...

e.g., if you want 4 elements, it'll be DINT[4]

Then you'll have four DINT's, pump_start[0], pump_start[1], pump_start[2] and pump_start[3]. Within each of these, you'll have the 32 bits. pump_start[0].00, .01, .02, ..., .31

You can only create non-array tags as aliases, they are just tags that "point" to another tag or tag-element.

If it helps, think of an alias tag as just "another name" for data stored in another tag.

If you want your VFD data in an array, you will have to write code to put it there