CompactLogix & Insight Micro 1100

zaniboni-RNBP

I am trying to integrate a Cognex Insight Micro 1100 camera with a CompactLogix 1769-L32E PLC. I am trying to use the ethernet communication port build directly into the PLC processor. When configuring the PLC I setup a generic Ethernet module but I am getting a comunication error when I go online.

RSLinx sees the camera and regonizes the IP address - although it does say '? 192.168.0.20, unrecognized device, Insight Micro 1000 Series'. It is not X'ed out like some other things so I think it is seeing it.

Does anyone have any experience with integrating a Micro 1100 with a CompactLogix PLC? I have called Cognex but their support is less than stelar and all I could do was leave a message.

Thanks

I have not used the Micros but only the 5000 series. The Insight CD comes with an add-on profile. Try that although I do not know if it works with the newer micros.

Just curious if you had any luck interfacing the micro 1100 and the 1769. I am working on a project where I need to be able to change jobs in the camera from a panelview plus. I can get the camera to go offline but can't seem to get the job to change.