Kinetix 5500S2 Fault FLT S54 POSN Error

zarunas

Hi,
Maybe anyone can explain what this error means.I Kinetix manual from Rockwell support information is very poor.
We checked all equipment motor,reductor,bearings,betl - mechanically everything is ok.Module revision is 7.001.Maybe it need update to higher version?
Studio500 Logix Designer version is 29.
Thanks for answers

Error information.png Excessvive position error.png Module properties.png

Generally a Position Error is caused by the difference between the commanded position and the actual position being too high.

There's quite a few things that can cause it. Is this an existing setup that has run before with the current settings? If not then likely your tuning or other settings are incorrect. If yes then there may be a problem with the motor or mechanical (motion is commanded but does not occur) or feedback (motion is commanded and occurs but is not seen by PLC).