PV800 alarms

bill4807

I am not sure if I am having an issue with my alarms or just not using them properly.
I have programmed all my alarms in logic and have attach them all to the alarm section in PV800. So my alarms appear properly on the HMI when triggered but they do not hold. If they are acknowledge or cleared on the alarm banner they then disappear. I do have an alarm list page on the HMI but when cleared button is pressed they all go away (clear).

Is there no way to hold an alarm until I unlatch it in my PLC program (meaning it is fixed). Saying it's an Ok and then allow it to be acknowledged?

Thanks for looking!

I haven't played around much with the 800 yet but I have read in passing that the alarm display structure doesn't have features we're all used to in FactoryTalk.

Interested to see what kind of answers others can provide