Procedure to take backup/restore of PCM configurations

Respected all,
I am new with GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC which is having 2 PCM cards, 3 DI cards, 2 DO cards and 4 AI Cards.
I am using Proficy Machine Edition Ver 5.50 (Licenced) in WinXP to access the PLC.
I've successfully uploaded a ladder program from plc, but I require a procedure to Backup & Restore of two installed PCM cards' configurations. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanking You all..
With Warm Regards..

Pranav mistry

A lot depends on what the PCM module is being used for. If it is only being used for its two serial ports, then everything you need is covered in the PLC's hardware configuration.

Having said that, it is far more likely that the PCM module is running a Megabasic application. If that is the case you will need to connect a terminal emulator program and upload the megabasic program from the module. The terminal emulator can be the "Terminal" utility found under the tools tab of the Machine Edition navigator. That's the tab with the picture of the screwdriver. Refer to appendix C of the PCM manual GFK-0255 for a list of commands to query the PCM module and save copies of its programs.

I'm not sure when the terminal utility was added to Machine Edition. If it isn't listed on your version, any terminal emulator will work.

Thank you so much Steve,

The PLC is installed in Remote location and both PCM modules are used to communicate between Master Station and Remote Station PLCs. However I cannot find "Terminal" in my Proficy Machine Edition. So from where can I download Terminal Emulator? Is it freeware?

Regards..
Pranav Mistry

Here is some Reference on your PCM Module..This is what I used when I had to Load the Program due to a dead battery..You edit The 107RTUM.txt open with notepad make your necessary changes and save as.PCM and if I remember the name in you application must Match the File name to excute properly. I used LM-90 with the TERMF in the PCOP software From GE

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=kbchannel&id=S:KB6708&actp=search

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=kbchannel&id=S:KB6701&actp=search

Steve.. Just Curious what Version of Machine Edition do you have? .. I have V-7 with sim 14 and I do not have the Terminal Utility.. Thanks.

Steve Thanks.. I see it is on my other computer With 5.6..Would you use the same commands as in TERMF? Per the RTUM Megabasic Instructions to Load, Run, Save Ect Thanks?

Steve Thanks, I was just curious. didnt mean to hijack the thread just thought it was revelant. I just upgraded my last PCM last week to modbus TCP. But could of used the information year or so ago.. But thanks for the information Ill put it in my notes..(y)

Greetings from Bulgaria!

Same problem here. I have some PCM 301 modules, but I don't have their programs. The modules are configured in "PROG PRT". When I connect to each of them (with terminal emulator), enter interactive mode and press "d", it returns list with two .EXE files. I've tried to save these files, but returns error "Can't save module ***.EXE". I think its due to this - "EXE files which have been loaded to PCM RAM no longer contain relocation information. They cannot be saved to PC files." (from the GFK-0255K). Is there anything I can do to save the PCM's contents?